Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come the US lights have two Yellow sidemarker looking lights in them ? When looking at European LR's I see that the top one is clear and bottom one is yellow .

Is the head light different too . Like different pattern . Euro is Asymetric patern , and USA is Simatric pattern . or they bouth are Asymetric .

I see a lot of Euro or japaniese cars today on the road with the asymetric head lights .
Like this web page shows the three different light patterns.
http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_160.htm

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I think it's a DOT requirement here in the US. You are supposed to have one orange front sidelight and one red rear sidelight.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John said:
What do you mean by side marker light?
Have a look at my avitar, this is how my headlights are arranged. :beer:
Yes you have the avatar with the head lights that I like .

But look at this one EBAY.COM this looks like it has two yellow side markers .

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John C said:
I think it's a DOT requirement here in the US. You are supposed to have one orange front sidelight and one red rear sidelight.

At least in CT . You need to have ,white , yellow or amber in the front ONLY . and red, yellow or amber in the back ONLY . You can't have any other color of lights on the front or rear , unless you are licenced to own a special light with a different color on your "whip" .

There are also rulles on how har of the ground they can be etc.. But That I don't remember .

·
Registered
251 Posts
OK, I just went out to look at my lights (European) and what they do.

Top orange light - turn indicator
Bottom white light - side lights

Dual lights - Large one is the dipped headlight
Smaller one is the main beam

The one in the bumper (fender?) is the fog light.

Hope this helps. :beer:

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
US DOT regulations require an amber side marker, not a clear one like the Eurospec lamps. That is why the US lamps have (2) amber lamps on the sides, (1) for the side marker, (1) for the turn signal.

Hope that answers your question.

P.S. I like the look of the Euro lamps better myself.

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John said:
OK, I just went out to look at my lights (European) and what they do.

Top orange light - turn indicator
Bottom white light - side lights

Dual lights - Large one is the dipped headlight
Smaller one is the main beam

The one in the bumper (fender?) is the fog light.

Hope this helps. :beer:

Yes it dose .

Now I want them . How can I get those :) .

Is there any scrap yards in your country that has those LR's ?

I could call up my uncle in Germany or Poland to look for them , But I don't want to bother them that much , cause they don't know that much about cars .

·
Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
02disco2 said:
US DOT regulations require an amber side marker, not a clear one like the Eurospec lamps. That is why the US lamps have (2) amber lamps on the sides, (1) for the side marker, (1) for the turn signal.

Hope that answers your question.

P.S. I like the look of the Euro lamps better myself.

Yes . It needs to be amber when the light bolb is on .

I know that Cause I got pulled over on the Berlin turnpike ( In CT ) in my street race car , with blue bolbs . and he gave a ticket and said that I need to change my bolbs to yellow or amber . and go to DMV inspection .

I removed the yellow out of my side markers so it was already illigal , cause it had no difuser anymore , but they make them clear for my talon , so as long the bolb is the color , it's all cool in CT .

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Here's a trick for you.

Just buy a standard amber bulb and put a light coating of silver paint on it. It will blend in with the housing, but will illuminate amber when on. We used these on all of our Audi Club members vehicles. Works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.