Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm actually thinking of doing the swap on my 99 Dicso to the 2003 head lights.

My question is Where can I find them almost complete ?

I found them on this british atlantic site ( i think that's the site ) and one head light is $400 but the passanger side is close to $800 . and I need to get the trim that gose under the light and all that stuff.

I tryed looking on a junk yard , But it's like next to imposible to find this truck in any year .

I live in CT , So I dono what my options are .

I would prefer to find them compleate , just ready to install ( i know it's not a bolt in type of thing ) .

The reason I want to do it , is the passange head light is not aimed right ( i can fix that ) , but the reason is that the seat metal under the light is bent . So I would rather cut it out and mount those head light's . And get HID's .

Thanks for all the help

BTW I was trying to search this forum , but I can't find any good info . I know I saw the write up somewhere how to do it , But no info on where to find the Lights.

Thanks

· Banned
527 Posts
Ask a member here by the name of "ibjettin" He has doen the swap and can give you all the in's and outs. It seemed pretty straight forward, with some moderate modifications needed to the core support and wiring harness.

· Registered
709 Posts
hey there Tsi, rmuller pointed you in the right direction. That is the only info I found availible for the 03' swap. It's a great start, but once you get in there you'll see that you may want to do things a bit different than they did. At least you will have an idea of what to expect. As long as you know this is not just a bolt on swap, you'll need to rewire the new lamps and cut out some metal from the grill support.

It would be hard to come up with an exact price. I found my lamps on Ebay and te rest of the parts i got from te dealer and electronic stores. There is a seller on Ebay that has new ones for about $700 for a pair... Yikes! :eek: If you're not in a hurry than you may get lucky fining one at a time.

Here are some pictures of my swap on another thread: http://landroversonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2176
Email me at [email protected] for more info.

631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
709 Posts
You won't have a problem with the conversion at all :D It is nowhere nearly as difficult as the work you did on your Talon. BTW do you have pictures of the car finished??

Got your email, I will email you later with info on the conversion.

631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunatly I did not take much of Pictures of it when it was done .

Just recently I got into a nother car accident with it ( on the same side :( that I fixed ) . And I bluew up the timing belt two weeks after the fender bender .
So I'm striping it and selling what I can.

I have some pics of the car . I'll look for them. I know where I have some Old Pics
http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=12544

· Registered
13 Posts
Im on the same page...found them in a local junk yard, ebay is WAY to high...most time..I paid $70.00 for the pair complete...I just cant find a wiring diagram to hook them up to the 99 harness...Have you come across that info yet???

· Registered
13 Posts
I got mine from a local junk yard, there is a few "donor" 03 in the ebay system...I can tell you what to cut and how to put them in..its really easy, whats a pain is the wiring...still working on that..it has been done many times BUT finding a little diagram is proving difficult. Send me an an email address and I send you some pics,,,,

james 828 808 0001

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.