Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Some came with SAI some came without. Switching one over is a bit of a pain in the butt. If memory serves the heads need to have the ports plugged or swap the heads for non-SAI heads, and the 2 computer modules need to be swapped as well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok well that's good to know. I actually was planning on just swapping heads to sai, then I know I won't have head gasket problems :) However I am also building one for my daughter and I have a 4.0l block that I was gonna do the same thing with for hers. But it would be easier to just switch out the ecu. Does all that match up or will it need to go a dealer to have it reprogrammed. I know the maf will take care of the .6L difference in the engine but are the ecu's just plug and play? No emissions testing here if that's of any concern with the swap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I owned an 03' non SAI that came from TX, so I can confirm first hand they exist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.