Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My disco 2 has been running around on 2020 Range Rover sport 19’s with the factory pirelli for a few months. I recently came across some 2018 24” wheels with off-road tires and picked them up. 285/40/24 is equivalent to 32/12.5/24 they’re huge. They rub in the front aside from a lift what are my options?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Other than a lift, look for the area where the tires are rubbing and start cutting....you could run spacers maybe but you might just make things worse.....im no expert on lifts in these trucks but you would probably need a 4" lift to clear a 32" tire height...I rub on stock suspension using a 265 65 18 tire

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
194 Posts
I’m running 32s with a 2 inch lift and apparently you can fit 33s with some trimming, but otherwise your advice is sound. If it’s just barely rubbing, get out the Sawzall and/or the sledgehammer and go to town. Not sure if you want to start doing that to what looks to be a super minty Disco though - I would personally switch back to the 19s (I think they look awesome - far better than the 24s IMO), but that’s just personal preference. Those 24s must make it ride like hell too. Take a look at it at the places where it rubs (such as full lock) and see what it’s hitting and whether or not you can/want to trim that piece. If it’s just barely clipping the bumper, then maybe consider trimming it. If it’s hitting suspension components, maybe a set of wheel spacers will fix your rubbing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both great advice, kinda what I thought. It’s hitting at the corner of the bumper and at the plastic rock guard. Tempting to pull the bumper and the rock guards and see how it does. The truck is in amazing shape since I got it in August last year I’ve clay bared and hand waxed it 4 times and the paint is now as good or better than new everywhere but the roof. My garage door height is 7’ I don’t think it will fit inside with a lift and I want to keep it garaged. I put the wheels up on OfferUp and Craigslist😕

·
Registered
53 Posts
I wasn't gonna say anything but i didn't care for the 24s....they look great on the full sized range rover but the short wheelbase of the disco made it look awkward imo....the 19s look great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts