Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month I decided to get my first Land Rover and ordered a 110 TD5 Station Wagon through an international procurement company for delivery to Mongolia. They've just told me I could wait 16 weeks for an ex-factory delivery of the latest manufacture or get a 2004 manufacture vehicle immediately. Any advice on whether the wait would be worth it? I'm eager to get that vehicle on the road but I'll wait if its going to be worth it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just looking and the current defender on lr's site it appears to be the same as
the 04. The defender developement department are renowned at being good dart players and drinkers. Their opinion is why further develope a already perfect product. If they took some time out from drinking and darts the might find a few flaws but nothing that can't wait ten or twenty years.
Adam

·
Premium Member
3,321 Posts
I would assume they are offering a pretty respectable savings on the leftover, 2004 model. If so, it seems pretty obvious to me, Since there is virtually no difference in the two model years. If you forgoe the discount and order the 2005, it's going to be delivered to you about two months after the 2006 models are offered in the UK, like October, with 2 months left in 2005.
Another thing you said would trouble me. You are ordering this through a procurement firm and not a Land Rover dealer? Does this firm service TD5 electronics too? If I was out in the " No Service Avaliable" areas, I might consider choosing the 300Tdi for it's complete lack of electronics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I'll go with the 2004 manufacture. Believe it or not we have a Land Rover dealer here in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia and the vehicle will come with a full warranty serviced by the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.