Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The temp gauge started to rise today in heavy traffic. When I got home I checked the auxiliary fan and I couldn't move it. Took it out and connected to 12 volts and nothing. My thinking is that it might have given out some time ago. Anyway I am replacing the fan. What should I replace? Is there a temp switch that engages the fan? If so where is it located?

· The Old Guy
43 Posts
I know the aux fan should run continuously when the A/C is on. So you could turn on your A/C and check the connector the fan plugs into and see if you are getting voltage, if so, more than likely it was just your fan. I also found on the land rovers, almost everything is run by a control module, not just hooked up to a sensor. I think the temp sensor hooks up to the ECU and it sends power to the fan when called upon.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!! Thanks for the advice!! Bought an auxiliary fan off of Amazon (not a LR Disco direct replacement). I couldn't see spending $450.00+ for a direct replacement. Anyway replaced the fuse and installed the fan. Today was 101° and it worked flawless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.