1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Stock Specs:
Height 6'6 = 79.3" *(sunroof open)
Tires 255/65/16 ~29"

New Specs:
Height 79.3" + 2" = 81.3" (closer to 81" given ome lift specs)
Tires 265/75/r16 ~32" = 32-29 = 3in /2 = 1.5in

So I would say 81 + 1.5 ~ 82.5" = ~6'11 (tires+lift)

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
I have an '03 with the Terrafirma "Medium Duty" shocks and springs. It's offered as a 2" lift but my car came out roughly 3.5" higher because the old springs were sagging. I also have OEM size tires. I can still fit into my standard garage with a couple of inches to spare, but I feel like a 2" lift with stock tires is about as big as you can go and still fit into a garage. Though I'm sure someone will prove me wrong.

Parking garages are another matter - you'll fit into the vast majority of them, but there's definitely a discomfort driving around. The parking garage at Tampa International Airport is listed at 6'-8" clearance and my roof rails scrape against the warning sign. I'm pretty safe once I get in but its definitely an ass-clenching experience.

You don't even think about these kinds of problems when you're driving a normal car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks for the info. I really want to do a 2 inch OME lift and put some nicer tires on her but i'm just not comfortable giving up the garage access. Maybe it's time to find a bigger garage!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Ok thanks for the info. I really want to do a 2 inch OME lift and put some nicer tires on her but i'm just not comfortable giving up the garage access. Maybe it's time to find a bigger garage!
First you must realize OME does not make a 2" lift. Their lifts are based only on soft medium and hd with a couple of exception.
What do you use the truck for, do any heavy wheeling, do you have a metal bumper and winch sliders or metal rear bumper?

·
Registered
21 Posts
With 275/65-18 and the OME 2" HD Coil Springs I think mine sits at about 6'9" or so. You'll want to stick to parking in garages that allow at least 7' tall vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone provide me with a shopping list for a 2" lift for my 99 Dii. I wouldn't mind knowing where to get what I need as well. I would like to get some 265 75 16 mud tires fitted . Looking for these as well.

thanks a bunch for any help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.