Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RoverFanowns 2
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone here can help me my rover started having intermittent problems starting. Now it wont start at all. The electronics all work and the starter is turning the belts. Switched washer relay with fuel pump relay and the battery was recently measured at 100% . It seems as if it is an alarm or immobilizer problem. I found a forum on google somewhere saying you could use an emergency rest code or reprogram the key from the ignition.?? does any body have the procedure ?? I live a good hour and a half from the closest Rover dealer.

·
RoverFanowns 2
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tkanks i will try that next. i have read so many posts on this topic that have tried that out first. I own Two Discovery series rovers 2002 and 2004 and really should buy a diagnostic device but have done pretty well with analyzing the usual problems like fuse box, blower motor ,three amigos etc. The electrical system tends to baffle me and my toyota technicians dont want to work on my rover. Thanks

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Crank sensor failures quite often do not set fault codes.
But agree.replacing sensor is a good place to start, also make sure the harness connectors are not covered in oil from engine oil leak(also common)
Sensor replacement is a pain in the ass especially if you are a big guy. But do - able with basic tools

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.