Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is stationed in Monterey Cali and is looking to purchase a Disco she found for sale. Is there anyone in the area that could go with her to test drive it and make sure it is safe. I am stationed in Mississippi and am not able to go with her. I have had 5 of these beast and know the ins and outs of them. I know you all here are also knowledgeable and cam tell her yes or no weather it is worthwhile. I tried to explain to her that I am not there to work on it like I was with the last few so this could be more of and expense than what she can handle. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Joe:beer:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
My daughter is stationed in Monterey Cali and is looking to purchase a Disco she found for sale. Is there anyone in the area that could go with her to test drive it and make sure it is safe. I am stationed in Mississippi and am not able to go with her. I have had 5 of these beast and know the ins and outs of them. I know you all here are also knowledgeable and cam tell her yes or no weather it is worthwhile. I tried to explain to her that I am not there to work on it like I was with the last few so this could be more of and expense than what she can handle. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
Joe:beer:
Joe. I see you have a 98. Have any of the 5 you have owned been D2's? If not, they are a totally different animal. Also, just a test drive is far from being adequate. You need to research and schedule a top to bottom inspection by a reputable INDY LR shop. You know that these trucks require a lot of TLC or a fat wallet for someone else to do it. D2's even more so. As much as I love my D2, I VERY rarely recommend them to others unless they're mad enthusiasts with even madder wrenching skills.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have had 3 d2's that's why I want someone out there with her. I think it's a scam but will see. Hope to find someone to help out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.