Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:wave:I was driving in highway suddenly the rover start smoking like freight train I will like to know what will be that problem any help will be very appreciate thanks in advance today I start the rover to see if works runs but in seconds fill all my garage whit smog. Do you still think is the head basket or do I need a new engine. Th:confusedhtanks again.

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
Sounds like a head gasket or other form of coolant getting into a cylinder

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Check the engine breather

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I already did and when I start the rover lots of black smoke is coming from tail pipe without stop so I have to shut the engine. I couldn't let it run for more than ten seconds because it fill the whole garage and driveway whit smoke.
:dunno: also they toldme white smoke is head basket.Black smoke is piston rings.

· laments the death of industrial strength soup spor
1,382 Posts
if that much oil is getting into the cylinder to cause that much smoke it would be easy to find by checking the compression in each of the cylinders. around 10 pounds difference or so is fine. one significantly lower will be the culprit. you'll still end up doing at least one head gasket because unless you pull the crank and nobody wants to do that you'll have to pop the piston out the top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.