Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 LR3 HSE with 107,000 kms.

Recently a Suspension Fault triggered. I took vehicle to dealer and they informed me that the compressor needed replacing. They replaced compressor but fault continued. Fault only triggers when on highway after driving about 85 kms or approx. 45 minutes.

If you stop, turn off, and then restart, fault disappears.

I found a video from RSWSolutions on how to test:

Last night I raised vehicle to off road height. I measured each wheel height from ground to underside of wheel well trim. I then removed fuse F3 as suggested in video.

Measurements are:

LF: 87.2 cm - lowered to 81cm - loss of 6.2cm
RF: 87.2 cm - lowered to 82 cm - loss of 5.2cm
LR: 90.5 cm - lowered to 87.3 cm - loss of 3.2 cm
RR: 89.0 cm - lowered to 86.3 cm - loss of 2.7 cm

Any thoughts on what might be causing fault?

·
Registered
3 Posts
In the driver side fender well there is a wiring harness that runs along the frame. In my situation I had larger tires Nd had rubbed against this harness causing the wires to chafe and break. This gave me intermittent problems and faults. This may be something to look into.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
520 Posts
Got Rods installed?

When was your last alignment? Height calibration (this is now a separate billiable item you have to ask for)

New tires? Bad tire, or mismatched tire (recent rotation?)

Bad height sensor (if you have nav, put on 4wd info screen and see if one wheel goes BOHICAWOKY. If it does, that's your problem.

Hopefully this will give you some ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information.

I did travel using the 4x4 info screen and all sensors seemed fine. They were showing the subtle changes of each wheel - nothing out of the ordinary.

Wheel alignment was performed not to long ago as I have had virtually every part of the front suspension replaced. All work performed by LR dealer.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Height calibration would be my guess... and I bet you they didn't do it. I had to go back and pay more to have it done... and you need it after that..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tlt - do you think that height calibration would cause the fault to occur after driving 85 kms on highway? Driving around town or off road the fault does not trigger.

Also - the height of vehicle is dropping overnight - I was wondering if the front or back valve block would cause this?

·
Registered
520 Posts
You didn't mention that before.. it could be the valve block. I have heard they can be cleaned. Is it dropping evenly, front or rear, etc.. than that front or rear block needs to be cleaned / replaced.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine does the same thing?????

I know this thread is over a year old, but did you find what was causing your suspension to drop? Mine does the same thing, I drive for about 30-40 minutes on the highway and than ping ping ping dash lights up like a carnival. Truck lowers, etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts