Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· lr3onrocks
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed that my transmission doesn't seem to shift into the higher gears. At 50-55 MPH I am tacking 3.000+ RPMs and letting off the throttle doesn't do anything. I can get it to shift up if I go to manual shift and play with the gears. Note, I have 112,000 miles on the vehicle.

Is there module or a software upgrade that would fix the issue?

· Registered
662 Posts
An oil and filter change.

The link below has some material related to the ZF 6HP26X tranny that we have in our 3's.

If you have never done an oil and filter change, that would be my first suggestion. Probably that will resolve the problem as what you are saying is that manually the gear exists, it just will not go there automatically.

DISCO3.CO.UK Photo Gallery - ZF 6HP26 Automatic Transmission in LR3

· Registered
1 Posts
I recently noticed that my transmission doesn't seem to shift into the higher gears. At 50-55 MPH I am tacking 3.000+ RPMs and letting off the throttle doesn't do anything. I can get it to shift up if I go to manual shift and play with the gears. Note, I have 112,000 miles on the vehicle.

Is there module or a software upgrade that would fix the issue?
Hi. I have the similar problem. My 4.2 supercharged L322 won't shift into 5th or 6th, but is fine in all gears when I use tiptronic/manual. Did you find a resolve?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts