Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In heavy downpours water is accumulating on the passenger floorboad both front and rear. I am assuming the windscreen sealing system has a crack(s) and is allowing water in. Can I simply find a good glass shop and have then reinstall it or is there a fix I can try.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Windscreen cowling can get warped and allow water to flow past it and into the cabin filter, then onto the floor. Fix is to bond a shielding onto the pollen filter box (I epoxied a flimsy plastic license plate insert to it) and then put on a new cowling.

A-pillars can allow water ingress. Remove the trim and find the holes where water can get in. It will be obvious. Just duct tape 'em.

Sunroof drains can get clogged or can rot and lead water right where it's not wanted. You can have those replaced or blown out. Many have done that as a DIY, but I just let "them" do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I have a 2005 LR3 and have had leaks from the windshield and sun roof drain. I think your problem is the sunroof as it is exactly what inexperience. My windshield leak was at the lower right seal under the hood. It affected the electronics but didn’t have all the water at the floor boards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry for spell check typo, and OBTW my insurance covered both repairs from the leaks. The windshield repair was almost 4k

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for spell check typo, and OBTW my insurance covered both repairs from the leaks. The windshield repair was almost 4k
It's great to hear that. Insurance agencies should always cover such situations, in my opinion. I've been searching resources online recently, where I could find some information about insurance cases, and I found this article ( website: https://www.americaninsurance.com/does-car-insurance-cover-damage-done-shopping-cart ), which opened my eyes on situation with damage that can be caused to your car by a shopping cart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Last weekend I replaced my warped windshield cover (backstory: had sunroof drain tube problem years ago and fixed it; windshield water intrusion vulnerability is a separate flaw)

Not hard to do, spent about $10 on sturdy wiper blades puller, made job much quicker, plus already had plastic body panel pry tool set, makes popping retainer clips a 60 second job and no risk of scratching paint or glass.

For the windshield "finisher, lower cowl cover" part,

$105 at Atlantic British ..

I'm 20 minutes driving distance from West Coast warehouse so no shipping. Local LR dealer said $320 for same part. Thanks no!

LR3 passenger footwell will get soaked when you wash windshield or a heavy rain falls and lower cover is warped because a smallish triangular fraction of the rectangular cabin air filter intake box opening sticks out directly under and into the "fall line" where water sheds down, then under a warped windshield cowl. It is literally straight down from there into the front left corner of the intake box.

Once in there water flows around cabin air filter, over or near the main fuse block, into cabin where it soaks carpet and flows wherever gravity takes it, depending on vehicle parking angle.

One resilient extra step before closingg up = cover that vulnerable protruding corner of air intake box with some metal tape (stuff used to seal cooking vent exhaust pipe sections) use several pieces to build up a multi layer sturdy deflector that is tight across the corner, making a flat, forward facing drain angle.

"windshield repair almost $4K" whoa sorry man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts