Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been posted many times before. I actually used some of the tips today but here goes. My 2005 Range Rover HSE has been hesitant to start in the morning. I have to try several times and hold it. Prior to this my AIR SUSPENSION INACTIVE stays on even after a suspension repair and my TRANS FAILSAFE PROG light has been on every few days or so. Today I go out to crank and like the past few morning radio and everything works but wont crank. After a few tries it cranks but I have to hold it in the crank position for a few seconds before it does. I take it to O'Reillys to have my battery checked and it comes back as clean but needs a charge. I graciously pop the hood lock the doors and drive away as one of the clerks begins to remove my battery. Upon return we find that the clerk has closed the hood with the battery still out but fully charged and can not gain re entry to the vehicle. I try the pull out the side marker, disconnect light, and connect jumper cable method and hooray!!! I am able to open the trunk only with the key fob. We climb in the trunk lift the hood and reinstall the battery. Thinking this was the end to my problem we close the trunk and now cant get back in. Have tried the jumper cables to the side marker and again and nothing. Have even tried the EKA security code 1515 which is supposed to be the standard code for US models but it does work either. Battery is installed and testing good but the darn thing just wont unlock anymore. We even changed the batteries in the key fob. Help!!!, but go easy on me. Im a woman and first time RR owner.:frown

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.