Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2006 land rover lr3 se v8 4.4l with air in the coolant system help please : (
I was driving down the road the car began to over heat and the heat started to blow cold i had it towed home. I changed the thermostat and water pump and did a block test to see if head gasket is blown but the rover still over heats. its not leaking coolant but i stil need to do a pressure test. I tried the get the air out of the system by revving it to 2500 the idle then again revving it but nothing. the collant tank will just start over flowing after a while I also checked the radiator aswell.. I also noticed the hose coming from the thermostat housing the large top hope stays cold all the time. I read to pour coolant directly into the engine but I cant figure out where to do this at. Can anyone help please : (( its been over a week off work because of this : (

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also the small top line out of the thermostat housing that has the t bleeder has no coolant coming out just hot steam : (

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check for leaks, all fittings and hoses. Check radiator for leaks. Search for detailed answers on LandRoverForum.com, where there is a good deal more discussion on this topic.

·
Duff
6 Posts
If you have center row heating try turning on the heat. You need to circulate the coolant thru the complete system to get all the air out.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Is the thermostat new? Did you by any chance test it in a pot of hot water to see if it opens and closes at the proper temp? Might be worth trying.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi I have a 2006 land rover lr3 se v8 4.4l with air in the coolant system help please : (
I was driving down the road the car began to over heat and the heat started to blow cold i had it towed home. I changed the thermostat and water pump and did a block test to see if head gasket is blown but the rover still over heats. its not leaking coolant but i stil need to do a pressure test. I tried the get the air out of the system by revving it to 2500 the idle then again revving it but nothing. the collant tank will just start over flowing after a while I also checked the radiator aswell.. I also noticed the hose coming from the thermostat housing the large top hope stays cold all the time. I read to pour coolant directly into the engine but I cant figure out where to do this at. Can anyone help please : (( its been over a week off work because of this : (
Yeah read the forums on your specific issue. then open up your check book and take it to A land rover shop for diagnosis..expect to pay 3-4 THOUSAND dollars

·
very disco
1,181 Posts
That’s not a very helpful or constructive contribution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts