Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening. I am in the process or removing and replacing my radiator. I am at a stopping point, the top half is loose and the radiator is free and moving. However, it seems that the bottom is still connected. I looked it over, however, I cant seem to see any fasteners holding it. Is there a video for the LR3 radiator removal...Help....thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got it...There were two clips that hold the AC cooling exchanger, pull up on the cooling exchanger and the radiator became free...got it out. I am replacing the radiator, the water pump, the fill tank and the bleeder port on my 2006 LR3. Also, if anyone is interested...there is a UK site for the Disco3 and there was a link for the radiator replacement. Here it is....http://www.disco3club.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10255/D3 Radiator Replacement Guide.pdf

·
Registered
218 Posts
How far did you have to lift the condenser? I can't get my radiator to budge--it's loose, and I've poured over the service manual, but can't see how to get the sucker out. I'm amazed it's being this fiddly!

Any advice?

·
Registered
218 Posts
How far did you have to lift the condenser? I can't get my radiator to budge--it's loose, and I've poured over the service manual, but can't see how to get the sucker out. I'm amazed it's being this fiddly!

Any advice?
I figured it out. There are actually FOUR screws holding the condenser to the radiator. Two in the front which I had loosened, but then there were two in the rear also. I never saw these nor were they called out in any posts or docs. Once free, it's a pain to actually remove. All that room in the engine bay and yet there is no room to pull it up without hitting frame rails or piping. Whomever designed that should be flogged.

Anyway, all good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.