Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to this forum I have a 2006 LR3 v6 7 seater 170000km

When I turn on my LR3 I get the following faults

Transmission Fault
HDC System fault
Cruise control not permitted

Then after about a km of driving I get
a suspension fault normal height only

Before I take it in for what appears to be an expensive endeavour, does anyone have any suggestions on trouble shooting I should perform or other things to check?

·
1,854 Posts
Have your battery Checked that it has full voltage, you might need to replace it for a new one. The LR3 does not like batteries that don't hold full voltage.
Another issue could be getting water in through the cowl onto the cables under the pollen filter or through sunroof drains getting water inon to the cable loom.
Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have your battery Checked that it has full voltage, you might need to replace it for a new one. The LR3 does not like batteries that don't hold full voltage.
Another issue could be getting water in through the cowl onto the cables under the pollen filter or through sunroof drains getting water inon to the cable loom.
Dave
Thanks Dave much appreciated. I did change the battery about 40,000km with an after market product not a stock LR Battery so I will def check.

·
1,854 Posts
The LR3 needs a battery that can handle the computers etc. It draws a lot of power from the battery. You might have a battery that is below the requirement.
Also check the carpets under driver side and passenger side for wetness to see if you have a A/B Pillar leak, a sun roof drain leak or a cowl leak. Water leaks get into the wire looms and create havoc on the computer system.
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/umbertob/diff.jpg

This shows the diff with and without the locking mechanism. Top being the one with the diff lock. You can tell by the electric motor on top of the differential, that controls the lock. This can be seen if you crawl under the car.

I've been having similar issues with my 2007 LR3. The cause is a faulty locking mechanism, or so the mechanics say. Unplugging the control box for the diff lock (not the differential itself) resolves my issues, which are HTC lights among many others and the suspension lowering itself.

I can post details on unplugging the lock if you need it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The LR3 needs a battery that can handle the computers etc. It draws a lot of power from the battery. You might have a battery that is below the requirement.
Also check the carpets under driver side and passenger side for wetness to see if you have a A/B Pillar leak, a sun roof drain leak or a cowl leak. Water leaks get into the wire looms and create havoc on the computer system.
Dave
Hey Dave had the battery checked and it is well below requirements and came up as a bad battery at the location I took to test it. They said it was at 600 and needed to be at 900

What size battery and brand would you recommend.

Thanks again

·
1,854 Posts
You don't want to be running the LR3 on that battery.
I believe I have either a Duralast or Interstate 950CC. In the winter months when I am away for 2 weeks. I always notice it goes down. There is a Battery for Mercedes that is a high drain type which is much better for the LR3's. It's higher cranking. Also more expensive but, I should have gotten that one for our cold winter months.
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.