Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accept the motto turning owners into mechanics and so far I have done a decent job replacing my air pump, back lift gate struts, hood latch replaced, bulb changing, right rear light replaced, etc. but I am stumped on my power seat problem.

FUSE 33 - immediately pops when the car is turned on. Reading through the posts I thought it had to be corrosion in the loom. After digging through the internet I finally got to my loom and it was bone dry. I even found that splice with the blue tape but that connection could not be more solid. Hood Asphalt Electrical wiring Automotive tire Tread
I looked at the power schematics (https://disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/15405/LR3_front_heated_seats_electrical_schematics.pdf) but still don't see why the fuse is popping. The only suspect connection is this weird green wire connected to a red connector at the front right passenger side that turns from green to blue and disappears eventually into the loom but was never part of the loom. Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Tread

FUSE 33 runs the mirror adjust (that also doesn't work) automatic transmission (I don't notice any problem with the transmission). Also, it supposedly only affects the passenger side seat but both seats do not work and Fuse 46 is fine.

A popping fuse is generally related to some sort of ground problem but I have no idea where the ground might be for this fuse. I even looked for that suspect Red/White splice in the upper right area and did not find it.

I have my whole passenger side wide open, would appreciate any advice.

·
very disco
2,974 Posts
Fuse 33 is seat/mirror and AT “selector”

I would try disconnecting all seats and mirrors and transmission selector and then replacing the fuse. Hopefully it doesn’t blow when IGN on. If that’s the case you can identify the faulty component(s) by reconnecting one by one and watching the fuse.

if the fuse blows with everything disconnected, then you can renew your search for a failure in the looms.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that worked, thanks for putting some logic to it. I disconnected the two seats then checked to see if the fuse blew. To my surprise the mirrors were working in Accessory and when the engine was on. I hooked up the driver side and the fuse blew. I disconnected the driver side, replaced the fuse and then hooked up the passenger side. In accessory both the mirror and seat worked. Turned on the vehicle and both mirror and passenger seat worked. I assume Transmission selector was not a problem but I have not tested that. So for now the problem seems to be the driver side connector - at least I know what worm hole to look into next.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a couple of warning lights showing up that I thought I could at least scab out if I could figure out what was connecting to what. I have been trying to use this wiring diagram: http://rave.stringsandints.com/LRL183853501(LR3-Wiring).pdf and map it to this connector (switch pack-Seat-Driver S391) under the driver seat:
Automotive lighting Bumper Audio equipment Electronic instrument Gas

I show the following wires connected, from what I could make out of the colors, but can't put the connection to the connector:
Handwriting Rectangle Font Pattern Parallel

Anyone have some other idea or a place to look?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts