Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Alti
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some trouble shooting my windshield washer fluid is not squirting out ....it is on the headlights but NOT on the windshield...questions:
1. could the line be frozen as it has been below zero for several days.....the car has ran on the highway for 4 hours I would think it would have thawed out.
2. Could it be a fuse?
3. Could it be a pump..... Is the front light washer and the windshield washer the same pump?

Thanks for any help!
Cathy :drink1:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thaw it out in a heated underground garage.

Engine heat is unlikely to thaw water frozen in squirter hoses.

Can you get the rear squirter to function?

First purchase -40F winter windscreen washer fluid; then keep it indoors until you go to a heated parking garage and leave the vehicle for two or three hours.

With luck, the hoses will have thawed out. You then empty the washer tank of the water within and refill with the -40F fluid.

Then again operate the squirter's until you think the new fluid is in the lines and all the water removed. Do not forget the rear squirter.

I use the -40 stuff year around and as such, never have this sort of problem.

Only the dice are hot all the time in Nevada, not the weather. Don't believe don't believe everything you read in the tourist commercials.

·
Registered
662 Posts
yes, two pumps

Yes, there are two pumps, one for the windscreen plus rear window, and the second, just for the headlights.

The odds are the windscreen pump or hoses have frozen. As such, a 10 amp fuse that powers the windscreen pump may be blown.

As such, you may also wish to read the article per the link below.

The article below repeats the Land Rover recommendation that if the windscreen pump does not function, it is probably because the 10 amp F11P fuse blew when the system/pump froze up.

It is therefore recommended that if the pump is not operating, that the fuse first be checked and if blown, that the fuse be replaced with a 15 amp fuse which will not blow due to a frozen pump or system. In other words, the pump is probably still OK, you just have a fuse concern.

In your case, you should first try the parking garage suggestion per my post above and then if still no windscreen squirter, the fuse located behind the lower glove box is probably blown.

MyRovers.com » LR3 Washer Fuse

Please let us know how it all worked out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Could be blockage along the line...

I had similar experience few weeks ago. When i pressed the paddle, rather than squirt, i would hear the humming sound of the pump. My mechanic traced the entire hose and cleared the pray points with a pin to clear little debris that may be causing a bloakage and it was all good.

If you can hear the humming sound when you activate it then the pump/engine is fine , then its probably a blockage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.