Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the vehicle 4 days ago for quite a deal with 119,000 Miles, so I am completely in the dark on the vehicles history. Today the car began to stall, almost killing as I tried to accelerate at 60 mph. If I barely touch the accelerator I managed not to completely stall and lose speed. Had the error codes scanned at Autozone which I will upload a pic. Has anyone dealt with anything similar?

·
Bleeds Green
126 Posts
Range Rovers get really upset if their batteries get low or old and start throwing all kinds of problems. I'd suggest getting a fresh battery for your Range right away and seeing if the problems go away. My Range loses its mind when the battery gets low or bad and throws the most frightening and random codes; everything from suspension failures to transmission failures. After my panic I remember "oh yeah, probably the battery". Worth a shot before you start chasing that list of errors!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the vehicle 4 days ago for quite a deal with 119,000 Miles, so I am completely in the dark on the vehicles history. Today the car began to stall, almost killing as I tried to accelerate at 60 mph. If I barely touch the accelerator I managed not to completely stall and lose speed. Had the error codes scanned at Autozone which I will upload a pic. Has anyone dealt with anything similar?
Wow! Yes. I’m in the same boat here. I just purchased a supercharged ‘09 RR and had the same thing happen to me today, after driving her home yesterday. I have/had the same experience: first time LR owner, don’t know the vehicles history, had it nearly die at a stop sign, feathered the pedal to keep it going, went to auto parts store & scanned 3 codes (P2601, P0171 & P0174), joined LR Only Forum sooner than I had anticipated.

what did you end up doing to fix the problem?!?! I know your post was from a while back, but please reply...I’m quite frightened.

H. E. L. P. Please

·
Bleeds Green
126 Posts
H. E. L. P. Please
Welcome to the forum! As mentioned earlier in the post, have you replaced the battery? It's the first step in working through electrical gremlins on new-to-you Land Rovers. They are extremely finicky if they don't see the exact voltage they want at the computers and will cause multiple system problems. Trying to chase down faults without first replacing the battery is a fool's errand. Let us know what happens after replacing the battery and I'm sure we can help!

Good luck and welcome to LR life!

·
very disco
1,167 Posts
Haha a baptismal right this is!

replace battery and test alternator first for sure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts