Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I know their is thread relating to this but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for.
Okay so to start off this website has helped me a lot. It helped me with my passenger window, side mirriors, and the driver seat. They were all not working and it turn out their was water in the passenger side sill. I connected the wires and everything starting working again

Now I have a new issue I read that the brake switch causes a lot of problems with the Range Rover. Like transmission, abs, brake, etc I had too many lights to remember. So I bought one on ebay and everything turned off and went back to normal. 1 week later all lights came back and Christmas was early for me once again. This time I decided to buy it from the stealetship and once again everything went back to normal. This time I got the transmission fault, abs, brake, and traction (amber light) but also my two front calipers locked up. Weird. Just to to test it I went back to the old brake switch and all lights went off, and the caliper were not locking up anymore.

Now my new issue are the brake lights are always on, and the transmission is not shifting on its own I have to manually shift it. Can someone pinpoint me to this last issue so I can finally have ir back to normal lol.

Sorry for the long thread just wanted to state how much this trouble this truck has given me and all of us

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hopefully somebody can get back to me soon. I narrow down what the problem is with the Range rover. My two front calipers are find now. My only issue with the truck is the taillights remain on at all times like if I was holding on to the brakes. Also when the lights are the truck will not shift I to do it manually. Could anybody tell why this is. Should I change the battery out? The tailights all work, but the battery starts my car but it does take somewhat more than usual. I was able to get another brake light switch from range rover but it did not solve my transmission problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.