Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I are planning a B & B/driving holiday :drive: :wave: starting in London, driving down to Brighton, following the coast around and up to Bath, then back to Surrey, sometime early next year.
Anyone know of any events between Feb - June? I'd like to try to plan my trip around a rally or ? if possible.
If not, maybe at least we can meet up for a pint :beer: and some Landy chat along the way :drink1: We don't really have a set schedule, we'll just drive and visit the towns along the way.

Cheers,
Art

ps. My wife is from Walton-on-Thames in Surrey, with some family in Hendon (North London) also; we usually make it back once a year. Anyone on the list live nearby? I'd enjoy meeting some of you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Eastnor (Land rover world Maazine Show) is around the 23rd? June each year. Its located near the M5/M50 junction, probs under 2hr from bath. Whole weekend event. (Went in 2004, but couldn't make 2005-SWMBO)

You could also try the old sodbury sortouts near bath.(havn't been to these yet)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Art - Have a look at my posting for the LONGEST LAND ROVER PROCESSION WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT held at Towcester Racecourse, Northamptonshire, England (approximately 45 miles North of London) 8th – 9th April 2006. This is the event I organise by the way!!! www.vehiclerecordattempts.com … when the site has finally been updated!

Other events (been doing my homework!): Old Sodbury Sortout is the largest Land Rover autojumble in the world ... actually it's massive! You will be truly amazed. Saturday 1st April 2006 is the date, Newbury Showground, Berkshire, England (near Reading, approx. 30 miles west of London) is the place. http://www.oldsodburysortout.co.uk If you do attend this event, I know some Land Rover folk (located on the way to Bath as it happens) who would welcome you with open arms if you called in on the way; that’s if they not deep in the jungle somewhere. They are out 'n' out LR enthusiasts, you’ll see why by looking at their website www.jungletimeadventures.com

The Land Rover World Show, Eastnor Castle, , Ledbury Herefordshire, England (much further – must be 150 miles northwest of London, but less from Bath - perhaps 80 miles?) is 10th – 11th June 2006. http://www.landroverworld.co.uk

Last but not least, my 4x4 club is called S.O.R.E. (Sunbury Off Road Enthusiasts). We meet the 2nd Wednesday of every month in Sunbury-on-Thames, which coincidentally is very close to Walton-on-Thames! My office/home and mobile number is listed in the announcement about the LONGEST LAND ROVER PROCESSION, so by all means contact me about meeting up when you and your wife come over in 2006. I’m sure we’ll have plenty to talk about!

Regardless if we meet up or not, if I can help in any way for your visit (especially LR connected - I tend to know a few folk in this field) simply phone or email me.

Tom McGuigan

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the reply, we're still in the planning stages, so this information is very appreciated.
Hopefully we can meet up.

Kind Regards,
Art Vigil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.