Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep that is the "gossip" bringing D's back to the USA in 2007....apparently the fellas in Solihull are looking at bringing back the FULL lineup into the USA....YIPPEEEEEE

Imagine what that is going to do to those overinflated prices folks are asking for their NAS 110's....hmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe I wait.:rellye

· Registered
590 Posts
Jonesy, have you got any links we can read up on?

I hope thay dont make it look all Femm like they did the LR3.

4,346 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
The first link looks like an H2. I think I'll pass.

The second link is too 'concepty' to ever see production.

The third is a 6 year old show vehicle with some aftermarket stuff. Nothing special.

I'll need to see more solid info than those three links to believe it's going to happen. Also, the first link makes no mention on if it'd still be a live axle or are they going to IFS/IRS as I'd suspect.

I'll keep my '94. Once people get a taste of what a Defender can be from these they'll want a real Defender and our values will still stay up. Not that I care, I'll never sell anyways. :)

· Registered
590 Posts
I only liked the last one.

The first one looks lame like a mid size Excursion.

I want a tougher stance like the last Defender. That is what draws me to it.

I dont care about aerodynamics.

The second one looked like it had every Kragen accessory on it=LAME.

Stop making it look like its gonna be in a car show.

Its a Land Rover.

4,346 Posts
Trigger, you are totally right, but In "other" forums ( :D ) its been mentioned/rumored that the axle up front will be gone.

That second link I posted actually looked like they had taken the nose part of a freelander and molded it on there.

One thing that I've read in other places is that LR still has large markets in the 3rd world countries so the Utilitarian aspect of the Defender will/should remain. As far as Exterior Design goes, I really hope they go with something like the 3rd link

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
I'VE HAD IT!!!!! First they ruined my beloved Porsche by water cooling the damn thing now they have pantsed my cherished Defender! Sick I tell you...SICK. The first two are (in my oppinion) rubbish.the last was tolerable.looked good actualy.Hope it doesnt get to be too much like the first. I couldnt bear it!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

· Registered
590 Posts
JC,

I saw that a while ago and I actually like it. I appreciate how they kept the same look.

Ford should try that with the cult loved Land Rovers instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

Have you seen the concept Bronco?
That looks more like a defender then the concept defender does, LOL

· Registered
590 Posts
yeah JC,

it's bad ass.

it is going to be a straight 6 diesel supposedly

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
01001010 said:
Remember guys, models are GOING to change, so expect it...only thing we can hope for is a GOOD change as opposed to a negative change. We'll see

There's always this
I know I am just so resistant to change in things I have come to recognise for so long. I would feel the same if my girlfriend "Changed" and got realy fat! :wave:

· Registered
4 Posts
There's a big Retro Movement in 4x4's going on. Toyota is bringing back the Landcruiser to the USA in it's FJ looking style.

The way Landrover has always been marketed in the USA has me worried that it will be a Soccer Mom, Trust Fund Student oriented vehicle and not a vehicle for the average person.

Expect a lot of fluff.

· MISSING SOUTH LONDON.
3,433 Posts
01001010 said:
LOL...no hard feelings bud :wave:

Did you click on the link though? :D
No Prob Bro... :drink1: Yeah I checked the LC and was not too impressed. HOWEVER.... THE FORD BRONCO IS BITCHIN'! Holy crap that truck is wicked. Now that looks like a machine that can do everything. Are they realy going to make it? :)

· Wheeler
1,837 Posts
Don't get too excited yet guys

I can almost guarantee you that the new "Defender" will have IFS, if not IS all 'round,,, unrealistic plastic body moulding (or 'one-piece' aluminum designs around the front & rear),,, etc. :mad: :mad: The days of the basic, mod-friendly, hard core Defender may be gone. I shudder to think of what the '07 will look like but the pics I've seen, as Trigger said, reek of H2. :complain: :complain: :bawling: :bawling:

What's funny is Fords perception of what will sell. We have so many 'tough' looking vehicles that would be destroyed off-road,,, why another one? If anyone wants to drive up a real trail in style, get clobbered, and walk back they can buy an H2.......... The success of the Rubi should give Ford a hint that a 'real' Defender would sell. Tomb Raider I was a perfect intro,,,,, Ford didn't take advantage of it. :mad: All they need to do is pay P-Diddy to drive up to the grammies in one & there's your marketing campaign. :bawling:

I would love to see the company create another cool looking, spacious, swanky vehicle,,, it keeps LR in business. But not if they are just going to pour it into R&D of other cool looking, spacious, swanky vehiciles. With the aftermarket for NAS Defenders cranking like there's no tomorrow, you would think Ford would get a clue that there's demand,,,,,,,,, :complain:

OK,,,my rant is now complete. Thank you. :D

· Registered
590 Posts
Anyone know the best way to communicate to Ford/Land Rover is?

I want to tell them that there designers suck and I should take over.

· Registered
94 Posts
I'd like to say I'd be happy if they just brought them back 'as is' with mods to bring them up to spec, but I might be lying. More Defenders would mean more spares for me. :) It'd also mean the value and mystique of my D-90 would drop. :( I'm very torn over this subject.

As is, they are perfect weekend tinkerer's vehicles. When mine was wrecked last year I was able to do the bodywork myself. Ordered up a couple of wingtops and fenders and those took a weekend to replace. Diamond plated the parts that couldn't be easily replaced and was done with it. I'm afraid they might even go to, the horrors, a unibody. IFS or IFS/IRS would be a nightmare also. Say goodbye to easy suspension travel upgrades. No more semi-easy locker installs. Traction control would be nice but lockers negate that one.

If they don't stay true to history all they are doing is killing the breed for a bit of extra money which is, I guess, all Ford wants.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.