Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Does anyone know how to reset the brake pad light on the 07 LR3. I did check the pads and they are good, about 50% left. My question is once I change the pads, will the light go out or is there a procedure that I need to do? Also do I need to change to sensor wire or, if's its not damaged, can I just plug it back in?

Thanks in advance for your comments,
LR3 newbie3

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello all,
Does anyone know how to reset the brake pad light on the 07 LR3. I did check the pads and they are good, about 50% left. My question is once I change the pads, will the light go out or is there a procedure that I need to do? Also do I need to change to sensor wire or, if's its not damaged, can I just plug it back in?

Thanks in advance for your comments,
LR3 newbie3
You need to change the sensor (there is one front and one back). It is a single use sensor, once triggered can't be used again...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JeeZues,

Thanks for the info. The front wire needed to be changed and I did change it, the read had not been activated so I kept the new one as a spare. I will have to change the rotors at the next pad change then I will change it.

lr3 newbie3

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sometimes, they can be salvaged at service time if they have not tripped, sometimes they are too brittle and fall apart, so though I am for recycling if possible, it is worthwhile having spares on hand.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you're capable of knowing when to change your pads on your own then you can circumvent the whole ordeal by closing the circuit. Just cut up an old sensor, strip back the wire, connect them (solder, butt connector, twist and tape, etc.), and be done with them.

Just make sure you tie it off up out of the way.

Cheers,

Ian

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you're capable of knowing when to change your pads on your own then you can circumvent the whole ordeal by closing the circuit. Just cut up an old sensor, strip back the wire, connect them (solder, butt connector, twist and tape, etc.), and be done with them.

Just make sure you tie it off up out of the way.

Cheers,

Ian
+1, this is what I have done with both of mine... We've survived for years without such a sensor, what could wrong :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1, this is what I have done with both of mine... We've survived for years without such a sensor, what could wrong :D
Yeah Theres a few sensors that are a bit over the top on the rovers. Ive also done it with the 'Bonnet sensor' because it keeps tripping due to dirt etc in its current position. Just bent a paper clip to 'U' shape and taped up. Im pretty sure I'll know when the bonnet is up. It kept tripping the car alarm to go off. So annoying

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.