Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as some of you know i just bought an LR3 and it has a few things that need to be fixed.
i was never able to use the navigation so i thought it might be missing the CD.
i bought a used navigation CD from eBay and it upon going to put it in I realized that I did have a disc in there.
So i put in the new one just to see what would happen on the navigation and i got
"The disk installed is not a MAP DVD." i put the old one back in there but nothing happens.
So i'm going to assume that if it knows it is not a map dvd, it is able to read the disks.
now what are my next steps to fix this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So as some of you know i just bought an LR3 and it has a few things that need to be fixed.
i was never able to use the navigation so i thought it might be missing the CD.
i bought a used navigation CD from eBay and it upon going to put it in I realized that I did have a disc in there.
So i put in the new one just to see what would happen on the navigation and i got
"The disk installed is not a MAP DVD." i put the old one back in there but nothing happens.
So i'm going to assume that if it knows it is not a map dvd, it is able to read the disks.
now what are my next steps to fix this?
As of now i have decided to buy a used Navigation DVD unit from eBay fro $30.00.
Let's see if that does the trick.

·
very disco
1,861 Posts
Have you tried a cleaning disc?

·
very disco
1,861 Posts
Normally, they’re not terribly useful, but consider the mounting location of the unit, if any disc reader would ever get dirty it’s down there!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. You are right I bought one too. I will give it a try, if it works I can always return the eBay unit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I got a cd Lens cleaner and it did not work. I did receive the used navigation unit from eBay and that worked right away. As a bonus it came with a 2012 Navi disk in it so it was a much better solution.

·
very disco
1,861 Posts
Booyah!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts