Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stalled in traffic a couple weeks ago while just casually driving and wouldn't restart. Tested battery and it was good, also replaced with a new battery and still, I get the same result, Everything works in terms of electronics other than the instrument lights, I have 0 instrument lights, however it won't start, doesn't crank, doesn't do anything, replaced starter a couple months back and no issues until now, checked fuses, found 1 fuse blown (F42) replaced with a new fuse and still nothing. Please!!!! any suggestions will be appreciated and won't go ignored! Need to get this vehicle going asap!

Forgot to mention when you insert the key fob, it'll suck it in, however will not eject it.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Check again that fuse 42 cos it's on the ECM's ignition feed circuit, the fact that it was blown means the problem is there somewhere cos that fuse doesnt blow for nothing, if it's good take a multimeter, identify pin 3 of C11L(attached) and measure for voltage on it with ignition on(use a needle if you can't reach the pin with the probe)... though this doesnt look like a DIY job if you are not electrician

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check again that fuse 42 cos it's on the ECM's ignition feed circuit, the fact that it was blown means the problem is there somewhere cos that fuse doesnt blow for nothing, if it's good take a multimeter, identify pin 3 of C11L(attached) and measure for voltage on it with ignition on(use a needle if you can't reach the pin with the probe)... though this doesnt look like a DIY job if you are not electrician
Fuse hasn't blown since being replaced, hopefully it'll be something as simple as a small short of some sort and I can repair after tracing it down and problem will be resolved (in a perfect world). Fixing to check corresponding pin you suggested for voltages and see what I get in return. Thanks for the fast reply as well, more help than I've had yet. On a side note, My obd2 scanner won't make a connection, so this perhaps is in correlation to this possible short.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Check fusible link FE17(60A) in the battery junction box

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Check fusible link FE17(60A) in the battery junction box
What exactly am I looking for? a blown fuse? or a faulty connection?

Checked all the connections, but I see what your getting at. Voltages came back at 12.3 to 12.4 on all the 60A connections on backside of box. Please see pic, not my box, but I just wanted to make sure we are on the same page.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
I dont know if it's blown fuse or bad connection, that's what you'll have to find out and for that you have to get to that exact pin 3 on C11L cos the feed from F42 must get there and F42 is getting feed from FE17, as long as F42 was blown once it means there is a problem on that parth or in the worst case in the ECM, eventually make sure that F42 has feed on it but important is that pin 3 cos there's one end of that circuit which blew the fuse, also replace relay R7 cos it might have suffered when that short occured, i cropped the relevant part of the diagram, see the path from F42 to see what i mean as it goes to C11L - 3 and from there to ECM ignition input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts