Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2008 Land Rover LR2 and I when I went to go to work today, it started up and drove fine. I went to leave for lunch and tried to start my car and it wouldn't start. First, I thought it was the battery. Got a coworker to jump my car and got full power on all lights, radio and exterior lights but the car wouldn't start; it didn't even make a sound, except for a click* noise. I received a "reduced engine performance" error, a "HDC can't be displayed" error and my car lit up like a damn Christmas tree. Please give me an idea of what could be happening. Personally, I think it's the starter and I know I can have it towed to a land rover shop and they can tell me right away but after $150 plus whatever else they add on.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add, I live in houston so a tow truck during rush hour will take 2 or 3 hours to get to me and probably an 1 or 2 hours to get to the shop. That is why I am hoping that someone give me an idea of I'm in for financially because I was planning on selling this car soon anyways.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After buying a new battery and having autozone run their diagnostic, I found out that it's the starter. I am wondering if anybody on this forum knows how to replace a starter on a 2008 Land rover lr2 or could point me to a website with instructions. I saw the part and it looks really easy, just a few bolts and you're done or it appears that way.

· Registered
19 Posts
Private message me your email address. I will send you the workshop manual. The starter should be simple. Once you take the plate off underneath the starter is right there. The plate has 6 bolts. Prob a 1hr job at most.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.