Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the hatch on my 2008 LR2. In contrast to other threads where the hatch does not open, mine has the opposite problem. When I press the button on my fob once, it is supposed to unlock the driver door only. Now when I press it, it unlocks the driver door and pops the hatch at the same time. This makes it so I have to shut the hatch before I get in and drive away.

I first noticed this right before my battery died. I replaced the battery without a problem. Everything else is working fine but the hatch problem persists. I called my local dealer service department. At first the manager said it was something that just needed to be reprogrammed but after he got back on the phone, he said he was mistaken and it needed to be brought in.

Has anyone had a similar problem and if so, can you tell me how it was ultimately fixed?

Thank you in advance for your time.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Do you only have the one key?

I would be looking at the remote itself, sending the extra signal to pop the hatch when you press the unlock button.

If you press unlock once(for drivers door, and hatch) then close the hatch, and press it again, does it still pop the hatch? As in every press of unlock it happens, or just the initial unlock request.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you only have the one key?

I would be looking at the remote itself, sending the extra signal to pop the hatch when you press the unlock button.

If you press unlock once(for drivers door, and hatch) then close the hatch, and press it again, does it still pop the hatch? As in every press of unlock it happens, or just the initial unlock request.
It only happens initially. If I close the hatch and hit it again, it does not do it again. Some time has to pass before it happens again (I haven't quite timed it out)

The key is a good thought. I do have another key. I seem to remember that the other's battery was losing power, but I will try it just to see.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It would be worth having a look at the switch mechanism in the rear hatch itself. It is prone to water ingress and corrosion and presents these symptoms.
As for the key, just swap them over regularly. They charge when then are in the dock the correct way up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not the Key

The popping of the trunk happens with both key remotes plus, I had a new symptom. If I leave it unlocked and then just manually open the driver side door, the hatch will also pop open.

There also seems to be a time factor. If I run into use the ATM and lock the doors, it won't happen when I unlock them after that short period of time. But if I run into a store to buy a few thing and more time passes, it will happen. Haven't quite narrowed down the timing.

The LR service dept. has it and is saying its an electrical part called a "CRV" module that's faulty. It's $1400 part (not including labor).

This has got me a bit pissy at the moment as since I've both paid it off and Ben out of warranty, I have this expense plus my differential that had to be replaced in January ($2000).

They did offer to split the cost of the part which is nice, but this is the second big repair expense in less than a year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Szwakyd, I suddenly have this same problem. I checked on the UK site and that repair sounds promising, but when I researched the part number mentioned it only gives UK sites making me wonder if there is a different US part number. I am willing to make this repair, but $1400 is a non-starter and I will continue to manually close the tailgate if I need to. I am going to take a look after the holidays, and see if cleaning/lubrication will fix it. This is my daily driver, my winter project is already torn down in the garage...this is lousy timing.

I also did a search on crv module and came up dry. $1,400 is just crazy, there must be a alternative solution.

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anybody have any other ideas since Szwakyd has disappeared? Does anyone have a part number for the US version of this UK part number LR020997.

I have not had my 2008 LR2 to the dealer since the warranty ran out. I am now at 96K miles virtually trouble free. This problem has very suddenly surfaced and is definitely irritating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

·
Registered
41 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.