Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned since new. Put 6-8k mile/year. Live in New Hampshire and drive year round. Had serious issues in 2006. Was just told frame is rotted almost beyond repair. Is this a common issue for those of us who drive in the snow belt? What's the solution? Can't believe I have to give up an eight year old, low mileage, well maintained vehicle. Very sad.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
What have you been doing for rust protection throughout the life of this vehicle?
I live in a similar environment (Ontario Canada) where we see plenty of snow and ice and lots of road salt and salt brine is used for ice control on our roadways.
Proper maintenance must include rustproofing!
I have always found that any vehicle that is not properly prepped and treated with a good protective rustproofing will be short lived.
Most products require re application annually (after a thorough high pressure wash to remove salt, sand ,dirt etc.
Especially important if you drive dirt roads!

After reading what I just wrote, do you still consider your truck "well maintained"?????

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a rust belt Disco that looked like the titanic when I got it. It would leave a trail of rust crumbs every where I went. I had the FRAME welded at a local shop and it works perfectly and passed va state inspection. Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes some pictures please. I have a 2006 and live in Ottawa Ontario Canada, I don't think the vehicle has ever been rust proofed. The body has no rust, the frame is pretty stout on these and I see nothing but surface rust on mine. The previous owner did have to replace rusted brake lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.