Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gearbox fault, park brake fault, stability control not available, not changing suspension height only happened after doing only 50km p/h have recently changed brake light switch and previous error was gone however i just got 4 new tyres fitted 3 days ago would this have any effect?

·
very disco
2,469 Posts
Could you more clearly lay out what you’re saying?

you encountered these errors while driving 50kmph?

previous error was gone? What was the previous error?

did you change the brake switch before or after the issue?

I’m sure people will help you, but you need to be far more clear instead of just “shotgunning” information in hope that somebody deciphers it. Also, can you confirm if it’s D3 or D4? I was under the impression that 2009 was still D3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the previous error appearing was gearbox fault only and that went after the brake light switch was changed, it was changed and error codes disappeared but now all codes were gone got new tyres 3 days ago driving fine since tonight went to drive home after getting dinner and only doing 50kph and all these codes come up, it’s a D4 pretty sure it’s a MY10 first D4 model out in end of 2009 sorry hope that makes sense

·
very disco
2,469 Posts
these faults are commonly associated with the electrical system. Known causes: low battery, poor alternator performance, bad brake switch, cheap brake globes.

those things are all easy to check for proper 12v with a DMM

Water ingress at the ECUs behind the battery (need to pull battery to check) is also possible.

if You can power off the truck, and power it back on and the lights go away sometimes, I would suspect one of these quick fixes may be applicable.

there are more things to check once those have been cleared

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so we have checked the alternator and battery and they both seem fine, took out the new brake light switch and put in the old one in to double check that and seems fine and checked the bulbs and they are all good these errors are so painful 😩

·
very disco
2,469 Posts
When you say you check them, how are you checking and what do you find?

·
Registered
2 Posts
gearbox fault, park brake fault, stability control not available, not changing suspension height only happened after doing only 50km p/h have recently changed brake light switch and previous error was gone however i just got 4 new tyres fitted 3 days ago would this have any effect?
I had a similar issue when changing my break light. It was so bizarre. I took my car to my mechanic where he tried a different brand light and everything was fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts