Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I own a 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE, and I have been struggling with the rear tires They are wearing out my tires on the inside, and they clearly have a negative camber, its very noticeable. The problem is on both sides, driver and passenger sides. I have taken the LR2 in for tire alignment, to my personal tire place and a few local chain tire places. Everyone tells me there is no camber adjustment on those vehicles. I called my local Land Rover dealer and they also told me the LR2 don't have a camber adjustment and they don't know how to fix the problem. Has anyone else in this forum encounter or is facing the same problem and how did you fix it? Thanks in advance for any insights.

·
very disco
1,426 Posts
hmmm. that's a dilly of a pickle. obviously something in the suspension geometry is off. has the LR2 carried a lot of weight, possibly worn out rear springs? it would be pretty noticeable to be that low in the rear to affect the camber. has it ever been in a rear end collision? you may have toe-in

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The LR2 has never carried any weight, doesn't even have a tow packaged installed on it.
It has never been on any accident either. That's why it's very odd to me that both sides are identically the same. At first I though that's was the design of the vehicle but now that I see the tire wear, I definitely know something is off and because it is more noticeable to the eye. As far as toe-in, I have taken it in for tire alignment, but the toe in difference is minimum, less or at most 1 degree.

hmmm. that's a dilly of a pickle. obviously something in the suspension geometry is off. has the LR2 carried a lot of weight, possibly worn out rear springs? it would be pretty noticeable to be that low in the rear to affect the camber. has it ever been in a rear end collision? you may have toe-in

·
Zilla 358
47 Posts
Worn out toe adjusters could be the prob. I have seen this in vehicles and if the tech doesn't check for it, it will go unnoticed. You will have the tire wear and spend a lot of time and money on alignments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts