Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· 95mpower
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! I am new here, Venturing here from Bimmerforums. I have a BMW But My wife has a 2009 LR2 HSE. It has a OEM back up camera and all of a sudden when you put it in reverse the back up camera does not come on anymore? Has anyone else had this issue?

· Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
I don't have an LR2, so I'm just thinking out loud. I would think there's a switch or sensor that is activated when reverse is selected. This would tell the backup camera to turn on. Maybe that has taken a crap.

You could pull the camera and put a voltmeter to the wires. Obviously the vehicle will have to be in reverse to see if the camera is getting power, so use good judgement. Set the parking brake or better yet, have someone sit in the seat with the parking brake set and their foot on the brake pedal. If you're getting power to the camera, then it is probably the camera that has gone bad. If you're not getting power to the camera, then it could be anything in between, including a switch, wiring, relay, ECU, or whatever else may be used to operate the camera.

Colin

· 95mpower
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have an LR2, so I'm just thinking out loud. I would think there's a switch or sensor that is activated when reverse is selected. This would tell the backup camera to turn on. Maybe that has taken a crap.

You could pull the camera and put a voltmeter to the wires. Obviously the vehicle will have to be in reverse to see if the camera is getting power, so use good judgement. Set the parking brake or better yet, have someone sit in the seat with the parking brake set and their foot on the brake pedal. If you're getting power to the camera, then it is probably the camera that has gone bad. If you're not getting power to the camera, then it could be anything in between, including a switch, wiring, relay, ECU, or whatever else may be used to operate the camera.

Colin
Thanks for the reply! I think im going to check for a switch for the gear selector, since the navigation screen doesnt even switch to the camera mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.