Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Best 4X4XFar
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this has been covered before, but I'll ask anyhow.

I have a 200TDi which I have tweaked the Fuel pump and will be fitting an intercooler to soon. How much boost can the engine handle safley, I know the 200's will take another 3psi but that really isn't much. I want to try and get some big power out of it (relativly speaking of course).

My understanding is that 1 bar = 14.5 psi, what is a stock 200TDi turbo producing?

I know most turbo petrol cars have lots of tuning potential with the turbo, I assume the same should true of a diesel.

Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
843 Posts
300bhp/ton said:
I guess this has been covered before, but I'll ask anyhow.

I have a 200TDi which I have tweaked the Fuel pump and will be fitting an intercooler to soon. How much boost can the engine handle safley, I know the 200's will take another 3psi but that really isn't much. I want to try and get some big power out of it (relativly speaking of course).

My understanding is that 1 bar = 14.5 psi, what is a stock 200TDi turbo producing?

I know most turbo petrol cars have lots of tuning potential with the turbo, I assume the same should true of a diesel.

Thanks for you help.
A stock 200tdi from a defender produces approximately 0.84 bar of pressure!
A stock 300tdi is about 1 bar!

I am fairly sure the boost can be pushed to at least 1.2 but don't quote me on that!

Ok just found an old post of mine and here are the official LR figures;

200 TDI - max boost = 0.86 Bar

300 TDI - max boost = 0.83 - 1.04 Bar

As for power, when you have installed your enormous intercooler you will not need to tweak the turbo! You can tweak the fuel pump though. There are threads on how to do this if you would like them?

Cheers.

Geo.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ok not sure if the link will work and am sorry it is from another forum :eek: !

Turbo Boost

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This might help

My 300Tdi has had an Allisport intercooler fitted and in now performs a lot better and it is quieter which is nice.

How ever when fitting it (which they offer for free) they check the boost pressure mine was running 21psi which is to high for the standard turbo which is fitted should be max of 15psi.

They did say you can go higher but the turbo isn't made to run that high and it will die sooner.

I would suggest you give them a call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.