Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started having some issues recently and the code that is coming up is "Lost communication with ECM/PCM A". I need to test it out first before either extracting to repair or replacing Can someone please provide some guidance as to where is it located in the vehicle?

Thanks in advance for your help/advice.

·
very disco
1,160 Posts
First thing I would do is test impedance on the canbus. This can be done at the diagnostic connector under the dash without ripping things apart. This may identify a fault in the bus and not in the component.

also, when diagnosing lost comm errors, it’s not safe to assume that the component identified is at fault, considering the circuitous nature of the bus

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhhhh. OK well I appreciate the advise and the will be the first port of call. I am a novice at this so appreciate the help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m a novice as well but met with some success in getting various bus communication errors on my LR3 to go away by closely monitoring battery voltage. Using a trickle charger on the battery whenever I get readings below 12 amps has eliminated the communication codes. The truck does not get driven much, only short runs around town which do not fully charge the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts