Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and have found nothing. Why LR chose to omit the led on the 2010 but have the same housings is a little goofy. I like the look but not enough to spend 900 for the lux or later housings then the obligatory dealer visit to turn them on. I put ccfl halos in my 2005 M3 wired to my ecu to come on with the dome lights when unlocked then fade out or stay on if the ignition was on. Easy. So why has nobody done something similar with these by now? Anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have searched and have found nothing. Why LR chose to omit the led on the 2010 but have the same housings is a little goofy. I like the look but not enough to spend 900 for the lux or later housings then the obligatory dealer visit to turn them on. I put ccfl halos in my 2005 M3 wired to my ecu to come on with the dome lights when unlocked then fade out or stay on if the ignition was on. Easy. So why has nobody done something similar with these by now? Anyone?
I too have a 2010, so i purchased a set of used headlights off ebay for $300 and they where plug and play, the LEDs worked with out having to use my IIDtool.

I do want to go a step further though, i want to replace the LED's with more powerfull LED's so i can use them as DRL.
I contacted a company that does custom LED boards to see how much would they charge to create a custom board with high power LEDs that we can connect to the LR4 to act as DRL.

Ill let you know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.