Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started over lunch with no problem, returned 4 hours later and it refuses to crank or start. Radio displays "Low Battery." Dash warning lights on for battery and check engine. Battery voltage via 2x DMMs 12.4 at the terminals. Jump pack and cables from the Toyota raise voltage but still displays low battery. Disconnected battery for 30 minutes, no change. Disconnected battery and connected pos and neg cables together for 20+ minutes, no change. Shifts fine, no message warnings or failure notices on the dash, just the two lights. No codes come back on my OBDII reader despite the light being on.

This is about a week post brake job by the dealer. Initial thought was computer needed to be reset or starter, but the false low battery warnings don't point to starter as far as I know.

Seems like every time this goes to the dealer for anything some sort of computer reset is required whether for windows, seats or now this.

I had it towed and I guess we will see what they diagnose on Monday...

70K miles

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New battery and starter fixed it. They claim that the battery failed load test to their standards.

Incidentally, my new battery got killed when I went away for 10 days, I posted about that in the vacation battery thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.