Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm new here, am on my second RRS (8 yrs. now) and never had a problem until this came up several months ago. My 5 amp fuse #40, seat memory. clock, driver's door swiitchpack (exterior mirrors, windows) will blow every few weeks. It also knocks out the audio/video and NAV. The problem is not due to water intrusion as it happens on dry days without warning. First time I had a hint something was wrong was in June. I parked it outside a friend's house for several hours, came back and all of the seat and mirror memory had reset to default positions, but I was able to reset to former state. Two weeks later the fuse started blowing. Took it to dealer who replaced the battery, cleaned the connectors behind the NAV screen and claimed it was fixed. A week later #40 blew again.

Any ideas on what could be causing it? I was cautioned not to replace the 5 amp with a larger fuse but wondering if maybe trying a 7.5 amp fuse would work.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
55 Posts
Mine is also blowing the fuse for passenger seat and passenger mirror - but only if I try and move the mirror. Seat moves fine. Not sure if there is a short in the mirror motor or a short inside the seat control unit - I think these units do go out and are a known issue. If I recall right replacement control unit (under driver seat) is about $200. You might first try unplugging and plugging back connectors on the control unit and passenger seat. Does fuse blow after trying to move seat, mirror etc. ? (e.g. folding mirror back). I put in 7.5A fuse because I ran out of 5A's - but that is not a fix. the 7.5A will still blow if there is a short somewhere.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is also blowing the fuse for passenger seat and passenger mirror - but only if I try and move the mirror. Seat moves fine. Not sure if there is a short in the mirror motor or a short inside the seat control unit - I think these units do go out and are a known issue. If I recall right replacement control unit (under driver seat) is about $200. You might first try unplugging and plugging back connectors on the control unit and passenger seat. Does fuse blow after trying to move seat, mirror etc. ? e.g. folding mirror back). I put in 7.5A fuse because I ran out of 5A's - but that is not a fix. the 7.5A will still blow if there is a short somewhere.
Thanks for the help. I can't make mine happen by moving seat, mirrors, etc., it will just happen. Sometimes after several weeks, recently after 1 day, dry weather and smooth road. Tried yesterday to blow the fuse by resetting memory, working with driver control pad, seats, NAV system, A/V system, camera, etc. Everything works beautifully, so I don't it's a motor. I will try the seat control unit trick, don't have a repair manual, is it under both seats or just driver's? Also, how hard to get to?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.