Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all LR enthusiasts,

I'm a newcomer to LR vehicles. I'm located in Calgary, AB and I am considering a used 2011 LR4 HSE (highest reviews score) with 85000 km of Auto Quest dealer. I was asking JLR Edmonton dealership that they have an extended warranty with 4 years/80000 km (I have to bring the vehicle for inspections) because JLR Calgary did not offer it and their service's reputation was really bad. My questions are:

- Does anyone know a trusted LR mechanic shop in Calgary? (I need it to be inspected before purchasing)
- What should I need to know, care and prepare when I own LR4? (I was reading lots lots of information about their reliability, issues, poor fuel mileage...but they could not stop me loving LR)
- Does anyone have experienced with extended warranty? What is included?

I appreciate all advises and thank you so much in advance. :angel

·
Administrator
2,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Please do your best to keep with the general forum rules and not post multiple threads on the same topic
Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Id strongly suggest checking to see if yours has the locking rear differential. That was one of my number 1's (other than HSE version) when looking at a new land rover. You can run the vin with TOPIX or get under there and look to see if it has the cylinder above the rear diff. Check for leaks, sometimes this requires leaving the hood unlatched over night, this will prevent the car from self leveling and if one corner is dropping youll need a new air shock soon. They fixed a lot of stuff between the lr3 and lr4.

All warrantys are going to be different, youll definitely need to read whatever they give you. Some things to consider are, are the air bag shocks included if they leak or are currently leaking? What air suspension products are included? Is there a deductible, do you need to use their mechanics, how far of a drive would that be for you. Obviously engine and drive train components, does your vehicle have the ACE system, is that included. Heating/ cooling issues for the engine and or the passengers? Carmax doesnt warranty used land rovers anymore, there's a reason for that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My apology for breaking the forum rules which I did not intend to do. Since I posted my topic to a wrong forum and did not know how to delete my post. Sorry about that Brian.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.