Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Supercharged Range Rover with 78,300 miles. The transfer case has gone out on it even though I have always done all maintenance and had the transfer case fluid changed at around 74,600 miles. I am being told by the dealer who did the fluid change "it is only a hair low" and not related to the recent fluid change. Does this sound proper? Anybody had/heard of this problem on a similar car? (2010-2013 Range Rover, LR3, etc.)

Are salvage/used parts ok for this fix? Any parts recommendations (new, used, refurbished and from who)?

Thanks for the advice!

· Registered
1,576 Posts
Things break. I once bought a new Tahoe that at about 12k/Mi on it when a 60 cent snap ring popped off in the TC. It engaged low and high at the same time at 60MPH.

First off, I would take the truck to a knowledgeable independent. Dealers focus primarily on warranty work and parts replacement and they're always the most expensive. And that brings no guarantee that the tech working on your truck is any good or not. Usually the dealers will pony up and keep one or two top techs on staff and fill in around them with varying degrees of talent.

If whatever happened didn't damage the case, it can probably be repaired. A quick look on ebay shows a bunch of them in the $5-600 range. If you get it from a trusted source, like an LKQ outlet, it will come with a warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.