Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ALL, I am a new member and have used this forum many times for GREAT tech..... THANKS for that.

Today I come bearing annoying situation and questions.

I am working on a newly purchased 2011 RR HSE 5.0 with 46k just a few days after purchase I got a Yellow triangle light telling me (YOUR SCREWED) performance mode restricted. The a CEL which came back to Cylinder #5 misfire, and Cylinder #5 misfire less than (1000rpm). Now I have rebuilt several things in my life from import to american to transmissions. I know my way around a tool or two. I thought nothing of this and replaced ALL coil packs and plugs with OEM Bosch and NGK. The code came back immediately. The vehicle is bucking slightly and of course in limp mode. I have only driven it like this to get home for fear of CAT damage. Same codes as before Cylinder #5 sucks. So i did a compression check and compared it to the adjacent cylinder and its 1psi less so not a compression issue. I am looking into the fuel injector and have popped the fuel rail off. The injector looks evil not a standard run of the mill that is. I have the removal tool on the way and plant to swap the #5 with the #6 to see if the code carries. My questions are:
If it takes a tool to remove whats the install gonna require?
Does anyone else know of something I am over looking to fix this issue?
AM I IN OVER MY HEAD>>>>>?

Thank you guys and gals ahead of time. I am looking forward to driving this beast again.

·
1,854 Posts
It's the same engine as in a LR4. Maybe it needed a BG intake cleaning this would clean the injectors.
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the fast reply.

That was my thought as well. I opened the throttle blade and everything looked like it should on a car with less than 50k. I am still gonna do it but I got ansy and pulled it apart lol. I just cant stand the thought of it already being this gunked up and causing the problem. Is this a common problem with the 5.0?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.