Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2011 RR HSE 2 months ago and has now been broke down for 3 weeks. New to the RR and really need help. When you start it all dash warning lights come on and suspension won't raise. I had the battery checked and it was good. I realized that it also had no brake lights so I changed the brake switch which seemed to make no difference. Not knowing what to do next I took it to a garage. After a week of them looking at it they came up with "the switch I bought was garbage." They bought another brake switch and changed it again. This time everything seemed to work fine long enough to drive around the lot. When i returned 2 days later to pick it up brake lights did not work again and warning lights all came on again. This time the brake lights did come on periodically but only when they wanted too. Any suggestions on what this issue may be?

·
1,818 Posts
Possibly, bad tail light bulbs, replace with LR brand or it could be some sort of bad connection on the tail light assembly.
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after replacing the brake switch battery and 2 different ships I'm told the ecu is bad. Before paying 5k to replace it I would like to make sure the connections dont just have corrosion on the copper contacts. Does anyone know where this is located.?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts