Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post and I probably should have registered sooner. I have a 2008 LR3 with 77,000 miles on it. I am considering trading it on a 2011 Range Rover Sport supercharged with 12,000 miles on it. I think they look amazing and i am scheduling a test drive for later this week.

I really do not wish to get into a "reliability" debate, as i do like these vehicles and understand what ownership entails. They are complex - their capabilities drives complexity. More complexity drives opportunity for faults. I am not looking for owners testimonials that got a lemon and will fill me with sad stories of being stranded. Lemons are a statistical reality in manufacturing of any consumer good, and typically offset with consumers with bulletproof reliability....I think you get the idea.

What I would like to ask if there are any common faults across this model year that owners are witnessing. For instance, I know with my LR3 that the original air compressors were faulty. In addition, the front lower control arms usually cut out around 50k miles and need to be replaced. Another is the plastic hood latch sensor needed to be replaced or you cannot activate the alarm - this part cost a whomping $25.00 USD. Nearly every owner of an LR3 has probably encountered these issues. I am looking for similar items on the RRS and any links to TSB's are appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure about the '11 - but my '06 is very similar to LR3 - so control arm bushings, compressor, airspring/system leaks eventually, transmission sleeve leak - but overall quite reliable so far. At 12K miles - you should have a ways to go before you hit these sort of issues though ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.