Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a leak underneath my 2012 Range Rover Sport HSE today.

There was fluid on the driveway and the vehicle will not go in reverse. See attached photos. When I shift to reverse, the dash indicator still shows neutral. It will however shift to drive. The warning indicator indicates transmission service issue.

I am in visiting in a rural area with no Land Rover service close by.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
wjsj69
124 Posts
I don't believe you have a dipstick, there are drain (lower) and fill (upper) plugs somewhere on the trans., and you might have to remove a skid plate to get to them. I'm sorry I cant direct you right to it, as I'm not familiar with your model. Try a search or find a shop manual. When you find the fill hole, remove the plug (usually an allen-head) and just stick a finger in and make sure the fluid is right up to the bottom of the hole. If not, you'll need a hand pump from an auto-supply, that will attach to a quart of atf, and pump it in until it comes out. Check your manual or do a search for the correct fluid and procedure. In this process, you might find the leak too. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.