Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced this? I recently bought a 2013 LR2 base model with around 9,000 miles on it and (only the first time) when the car gets to second gear at around 2,700 RPMs, it makes one clicking sound - sounds like something is engaging - then it doesn't do it again until I shut the car off and turn it back on again. But the first time the engine hits 2,700 RPMs in second after being turned on, it happens every time. I've taken it in to two dealerships who told me, although they can identify what I'm talking about, they can't figure out what it is. They both happened to have another 2013 LR2 that did the same thing, so they tried to tell me this is 'normal.' I'm not to happy with that answer, especially since this is my first Land Rover and it only has 9,000 miles on it. I should also mention that, it doesn't do it while in park, only when the transmission is engaged and in second gear. Very strange but it drives me crazy and I don't believe it's 'normal.'

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone else experienced this? I recently bought a 2013 LR2 base model with around 9,000 miles on it and (only the first time) when the car gets to second gear at around 2,700 RPMs, it makes one clicking sound - sounds like something is engaging - then it doesn't do it again until I shut the car off and turn it back on again. But the first time the engine hits 2,700 RPMs in second after being turned on, it happens every time. I've taken it in to two dealerships who told me, although they can identify what I'm talking about, they can't figure out what it is. They both happened to have another 2013 LR2 that did the same thing, so they tried to tell me this is 'normal.' I'm not to happy with that answer, especially since this is my first Land Rover and it only has 9,000 miles on it. I should also mention that, it doesn't do it while in park, only when the transmission is engaged and in second gear. Very strange but it drives me crazy and I don't believe it's 'normal.'

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Do you have Land Rover to check out the problem for you? You can have the tech to ride with you so he can figure it out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.