Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used RR and noticed the head lamp has a crack in it. I checked with the dealer to see if I can get just the plastic front to replace. He, of course, tells me the whole assembly is $2400 without installation. Does anyone know if just the plastic can be replaced? Or if there is an aftermarket out there for these? I looked online and through this forum and can't find anything.

Thanks for your help.

·
very disco
1,312 Posts
The lens could be replaced but it’s technically not a serviceable part. You’d have to buy a used headlamp and carefully/tediously remove both lenses and swap them... but at that point just install the used headlamp...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you reverendalc. Guess that is why I could not find anything online. The dealer I got the car from said he could help me get a whole new headlamp assembly at cost. And drum roll on the "cost"..... $2400! So I will either need to live with the crack or find a way to get a used one somewhere. No way I am paying that price.

·
very disco
1,312 Posts
I’ve seen used headlights go for as much as $800-1000, I’d have to really be motivated on that one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts