Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a car guy, but new to Land Rover. We just leased an Evoque loaner vehicle with 3000 miles on it. As we were going through the car at the dealership, we could not activate the fan speed control on the climate control. Pressing the "fan" virtual button did nothing, and the right dial remained on "temperature" instead of fan speed. The sales person called a mechanic over. He told us to shut the car off and restart it. That seemed to fix the problem, but these issues persist. We still have intermittent problems with the climate controls not working. As an IT guy, my assumption is that there are bugs in the code that runs this screen. If it is not a mechanical problem, that means that other owners are probably experiencing the same issues. Is there a forum specific to computer system bugs?

·
very disco
1,305 Posts
unfortunately software bugs are usually fairly intractable, and remedied by flashing updated firmware to various ECUs
with a current lease, i would put more pressure on the dealer to rectify this

if you felt like dropping $600+ on a nanocom, you could determine the software version and check their database for an updated build, but considering that it's a 2020 model...

sorry no good answer for you from me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a 2020 Evoque, took it back to dealership the second day I bought it because the AC is blowing hot air on the passenger side and cold on the driver side. It has been in the shop for over a month, twice they told me they fixed it and I pick it up and the problem persists. Seems they keep forgetting that it happens when temperature is set from 65-75, this is where the HVAC system is trying to blend hot and cold air to blow air at the set temperature. However, some blend door is not working properly and so the air isn’t blended, it is instead separated into either side of the vehicle. They’ve done half a dozen system updates, ran numerous diagnostics and sent them to Land Rover and have tried numerous fixes as instructed by Land Rover including replacing a blend door module without success. At this point I’ve spoken to Land Rover Customer Service myself to see what they can do to remedy this issue. Haven’t been able to enjoy my new vehicle which they can’t seem to be able to fix. Anyone else ran into a similar situation?

·
very disco
1,305 Posts
I don’t know jack about the evoque other than their climate control sucks (according to this thread lol)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts