Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased tyres with those charactheristics for my Freelander.
I'm really happy with the looks and feel of it, I haven't tried it off road yet :)

I thought I read somewhere that 235 would be fine with the original alloys, and actually I just saw it was 225.

As anyone tried this size of tire with the original equipment? Is it just fine or it might rub in curves or with heavy loading/off-road ?

· Registered
60 Posts
The main issue with tyres that wide is interference with the spring perch - both front and rear - something you should have noticed by now! You can easily feel the clearance between spring perch and tyre with your hand. I can't get my fingers between there with my 225X75-16 MTRs on Honda Pilot rims.

The diameter of the 235X70-16s is about 29 inches which is between the 225X70-16 (28.4) and the 225X75-16 (29.3) so you may be OK under most conditions. But, you should expect some rubbing with it loaded heavy or when stuffing a wheel off-road.

Good luck!

Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.