Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know wich one of the tires are going to work better with my Discovery 03 I'm really confuse with the selection of this two tires because some stores tell me the KM's are going make noise like a tank .Can any one help with their input on this tires.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The km's are the mud terrains, where as the ko's are the all terrains. The km's have an aggressive mud tread that aren't so noisy when new but do get louder as they wear. The ko's are relatively quiet and are a good all terrain tire. If you drive a lot on the street, go with the ko's. If you do a lot of muddy trail driving, get the km's.

I have the same size ko's that your looking into. Only thing I don't like about them is they are load rated E, or so, making the sidewalls stiff. Probably good for towing but I don't tow so its not necessary for me. that is all.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
On a 03 you can only run 245's unless you want to do a little trimming. 265's work really well on DII's but you should have a lift and or some trim work done to prevent sidewall cuts.
I run 265 Mt's and am on the second set, I wouldn't have anything else, even if I was doing all street driving. Yes they are slightly noiser but not enough to work about. By the way, 265's will cut into your gas mileage by as much a 2 MPG, just a thought.
Mike J.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Disco Mike said:
On a 03 you can only run 245's unless you want to do a little trimming. 265's work really well on DII's but you should have a lift and or some trim work done to prevent sidewall cuts.
I run 265 Mt's and am on the second set, I wouldn't have anything else, even if I was doing all street driving. Yes they are slightly noiser but not enough to work about. By the way, 265's will cut into your gas mileage by as much a 2 MPG, just a thought.
Mike J.

MIKE , can i run 265's mt on DII 01' se bone stock. once i get 16" wheels
or do i need mods like above. thanks john :drink1:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
For the most part all the 02's are the same. It varys on how much you must trim based on the type of off road wheeling you are going to be doing.
Do you need that big of a tire? Gas mikeage will hit you about 2 MPG give or take a little.
It would ne cheaper to go to 245's, they cost less and no trimming.
Mike J.

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
REFERJOHN said:
currently up in santa rosa, do wheel la grange?
I know La Grange quite well. It is about 45 minutes from me. Got stuck there 2 days after I got my truck about 3 years ago! It is really nice right now...covered in mud! Lot of water to play in too. I can guarantee you I can get your truck stuck on some of the short trails... :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
255/16 R16

The manual for my DII '01 says 255/65 R16 109H size. I've currently got Bridgestone Dueller H/T P255/65 R16 106S on my stock Disco.
Can anybody tell me what the last number actually means, i.e. "109H" or "106S" ?
Are the KM or KO listed by estbnqr unique to a manufacturer ?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
imag said:
The manual for my DII '01 says 255/65 R16 109H size. I've currently got Bridgestone Dueller H/T P255/65 R16 106S on my stock Disco.
Can anybody tell me what the last number actually means, i.e. "109H" or "106S" ?
Are the KM or KO listed by estbnqr unique to a manufacturer ?
That is a speed rating for the tire.
Mike J.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.