Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The whole reason I have been looking into an engine swap is to bypass the elec. conversion. How much is actually involved in the process, parts, costs, are there any kits for it? Or would it just be cheaper and easier to swap for another 4 cyl. engine all together. Damn 24V system!

·
Registered
45 Posts
the gest i got was it was not too involving, my series 3 was originally 24 volt but had been converted to 12, aka 12 volt starter, and switch the light bulbs to 12 volt, the heater works fine with 12 volt and so does the wiper motor

that is just my guess :)

it has to be easier switching from 24 volt to 12 volt than i would be to do an engine swap :)

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
The whole reason I have been looking into an engine swap is to bypass the elec. conversion. How much is actually involved in the process, parts, costs, are there any kits for it? Or would it just be cheaper and easier to swap for another 4 cyl. engine all together. Damn 24V system!
It will be the same motor whether it is 12v or 24v. It is the bits hanging off of it that change.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked a little more into this and a couple places say for the conversion you have to replace the "screen wash motor" if fitted, what is this, and what does it do? How do you know if you have it or not?

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I have looked a little more into this and a couple places say for the conversion you have to replace the "screen wash motor" if fitted, what is this, and what does it do? How do you know if you have it or not?
It is the motor that sprays water on your windscreen to clean it.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It is the motor that sprays water on your windscreen to clean it.
My screen motor has not worked since I got the truck. For that matter, the resevoir for the washer fluid was converted to the rad over flow bottle on a trail when my over flow bottle burst due to a long stick punchuring it. 4 years, and still never used the windshield fluid. Guess that is why it came as an option...lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts