Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Disco2 and was wondering if the overdrive was working or if they were just geared lower than most U.S. SUV's. At 70 MPH on the Highway it is pushing 2600 rpm's while my jeep is only at 2100?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

· Registered
47 Posts
YUP THAT'S ABOUT RIGHT! LOL

Equate it out...I had a volvo....top RPM was about 8000 RPM...
my 2002 disco tops out at what...6000? (not at the car right now)...

2600rpm at 70mph would equate to about 3100rpm in a volvo...no?

it's just how rover is...

difficult. but that's why we buy them lol...
they're just real big kids...with runny noses.

the gear ratios are different, and the torque is completely different from a domestic... the jeeps are running a 3.8 liter? i believe...where we're running 4.0 liter...and the cherokees were also only V6's.

· Polish and proud of it.
631 Posts
DiscoBoi2002 said:
YUP THAT'S ABOUT RIGHT! LOL

Equate it out...I had a volvo....top RPM was about 8000 RPM...
my 2002 disco tops out at what...6000? (not at the car right now)...

2600rpm at 70mph would equate to about 3100rpm in a volvo...no?

it's just how rover is...

difficult. but that's why we buy them lol...
they're just real big kids...with runny noses.

the gear ratios are different, and the torque is completely different from a domestic... the jeeps are running a 3.8 liter? i believe...where we're running 4.0 liter...and the cherokees were also only V6's.
My Bro has the Jeep with 4.0l Strait 6 ( the V6 was Chevy 2.8l ) We have that jeep too.

But yeah the Jeep with 4.0 I-6 is 176Hp and 225 tourqe
The newer 4.0 High Output is 188hp and something like 250 torqe.

Now the New 3.7l V6 Jeep is weak ( my friend had it as a rental car ) He hated the thing . constanlty stuck in High RPM to make it go anywhere .

But If we are talking about Power , and speed , why not get a Vette , Supra , Evo or STi ?

It's a truck damn it ;) it's not supostu be fast :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.